Monday, May 18, 2009

updates



So, as you might imagine, things have gotten pretty crazy for the Bread Maiden. Finishing up the 2nd year of grad school, packing up to head home. We also hosted Mr. Bread Maiden's parents for a week, wherein Mother-in-law Bread Maiden (actually Slow Learner on this site! Which is a bit of a misnomer since she is quite skilled at baking) and I set out on a whirlwind of baking that lasted three whole days.



Let me back up a bit.

I offered my bread-baking expertise as a prize in a silent auction. The winners were two friends of mine, and I gave them a list of breads I can make and asked them to choose five types. They chose:

challah,



multigrain whole wheat (I forgot to take a picture of the finished loaf),



kugelhopf au lard,



and two loaves of sourdough.



I set the date for delivery of said loaves for the week of Mr. Bread Maiden's parents' visit so the two of us could work together, since two of the breads were going to be fairly time-intensive.

Cough (challah) Cough. Ahem.



We made the loaves, and they turned out beautifully.



All, that is, but the sourdough. But that is for another post.

1 comment:

Slow Learner said...

I love the way the different breads were presented to the lucky winners in different wrappers! Very attractive!